Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Breaking Bad - Season 3 Finale

So, I am in love with Breaking Bad . This is such a fantastic show. I stumbled across it while looking for a replacement for my beloved House after hearing it was in its final season. Basically I was looking for something to fill the void once House was gone.

I didn't expect to find it in this series about a highschool chemistry teacher turned meth cook. But this show is so full of action, suspense, plot twists and even a healthy dose of well timed humour that I found it hard to resist.

The acting across the board is really top notch, as is the directing and writing, which doesn't always take the easy way out. A standout episode for me is season 3's 'Fly', a bottle episode of the highest degree which somehow manages to pack as much (if not more) gut wrenching suspense as some of the big budget action episodes.

Abandoning my plan of watching an episode here and there to see if I 'got into it' I devoured the entire first season in one sitting. The second and third seasons followed suit in a similar fashion. That is up until last night....

Dinner is done, the Stig is asleep, Hubby is happily playing Deus Ex on the PC and I settle in for the finale episode of season 3 (alright, I know I'm behind....). And what happens? That's right, the power goes out! I could not believe it! But of course this isn't a problem because I'm watching it on my iPad right? Nope. I was watching it over AirVideo (an awesome app, by the way) which means the files are stored away nicely on my external drive. So basically...I had nothing :(

Ah well, the best laid plans.....

Anyway, now that Stig is down for his nap, it is on like Donkey Kong! Bring on Season 3 finale!!!

This is one instance I'm happy noone reads my blog....no spoilers :P

--Slinky xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment